What do I need to know about cloud software?…
14 REASONS TO CONSIDER CLOUD SOFTWARE
If you’ve been thinking of moving your accounts into the cloud here’s some really good reason to consider it.
1. No server requirements – reduced hardware and maintenance costs.
2. Access anywhere in the world that has internet: even when you are away on business or holiday.
3. Automatic updates and upgrades without interrupting your business.
4. Everyone works on the current and same version including your business advisor and tax accountant.
5. Best of Breed – add-on software that is a better business fit e.g. Workflowmax for job scheduling, Unleashed for inventory etc.
6. Assistance/help anytime with another party who has been given access with a login
7. Data security – automatic backup offsite with improved disaster recovery plan
8. No software installation on your hardware
9. No minimum hardware requirements with additional updates/upgrades to run software
10. No large upfront software/hardware costs – less strain on cash flow
11. Owner/manager has more control – can move to another hardware system without loss of initial capital outlay, as compared to traditional systems loaded on a server
12. Work/life balance – can take a break from the business and remain in control and oversee what is happening in the company by logging in
13. Add-ons are continually being added to software that increases functionality
14. You are buying a service, not a product