Looking for information on business planning?
In today’s fast paced environment of change and innovation a ‘Game Plan’ is a tool to guide your business from its current situation to a relevant and successful future.
There’s lots of talk about ‘Digital Disruption’ in many industries. How you leverage it, rather than being a victim of it, could be the difference between failure and success.
A recent survey of medium sized businesses conducted by American Express, found that a concerning 23% of respondents said their organisation is inward looking, less aware of disruptive threats and slow to respond.
Innovation can seem difficult to achieve, when you’re busy running your current day-to-day business operations. It doesn’t have to be that way. You just need a ‘Game Plan’ to guide you through.
Many business owners have a ‘Game Plan’, whether it is in their head or documented. One CFO of a medium sized organization recently commented -“With a Game Plan comes more structure and accountability. Before you start a new initiative you calculate the costs involved, resources required and the payback period. That way you can determine if the project will proceed before you waste any money and then track the progress and report on the financial impact.”
This eBook is a high level guide to setting a documented ‘Game Plan’ for yourself.
- Your business model – what are business models, how do they work and how can you improve?
- Clearly articulating your business strategy – for yourself and other stakeholders e.g. staff, shareholders, investors etc.
- SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) – what are they and how can you leverage and limit them?
- Competitor Analysis – who are they and how can you get the edge?
- Business Planning Initiatives – short, medium and long term goals that are clearly articulated and documented – so everyone can work towards them.