Looking for a simple business checklist?
You know how it is when you’re busy running your business… trying to think of everything that should be done and wondering if there are things you haven’t even thought of… wondering if there’s one little thing that could bring all your hard work undone?
There are lots of business checklists around, and we’ve found one that is probably the most comprehensive and covers most things that a business owner needs to know.
It’s 138 point long and called ‘The Best Practice Business Checklist’ and was shared with us by a lecturer in management and business.
It’s a tool for assessing and optimising your business practices and performance. One client advisor recently commented
“I recently assisted a client with a formal description of his role as the CEO. He was really pleased with the comprehensive list which highlighted not only possible business risks but also served as a business tool to explore additional opportunities”
Here’s a summary of what it contains:
- Good Business Management Practices
- Markets/Competition/Competitive Position
- Customers/Customer Profitability & Retention
- Profitability/Cost Management
- Accounting/Taxation & Record Keeping Systems
- Finance/Financing the Business
- Assets/Asset Management
- Legal/Structural Position
- Computers/Information Technology
- Technological Developments/Impacts
- Employing & Managing Staff/Employees/WH&S
- Insurance/Risk Management
- Taxation Matters
The Checklist contains 138 points to consider and as you can see covers every aspect of running your business.